- Unable or indisposed to tolerate, endure or bear.
- I am lactose-intolerant, so I can't drink milk.
- 1892, Harry Marshall Ward, The Oak: A Popular Introduction to Forest-botany
- The oak, as is well known, is a slow-growing, dicotyledonous tree of peculiar spreading habit, and very intolerant of shade.
- Not tolerant; close-minded about new or different ideas; indisposed to tolerate contrary opinions or beliefs; impatient of dissent or opposition; denying or refusing the right of private opinion or choice in others; inclined to persecute or suppress dissent.
intolerant (plural intolerants)
- One who is intolerant; a bigot.