introduce (introduces, present participle introducing; past and past participle introduced)
- (transitive, of people) To cause (someone) to be acquainted (with someone else).
- Let me introduce you to my friends.
- (transitive) To make (something or someone) known by formal announcement or recommendation.
- The senator plans to introduce the bill in the next session.
- Let me introduce our guest speaker.
- (transitive) To add (something) to a system, a mixture, or a container.
- Various pollutants were introduced into the atmosphere.
- (transitive) To bring (something) into practice.
- Wheeled transport was introduced long ago.
- (make something or someone known) announce
- French: présenter
- German: vorstellen, bekannt machen
- Italian: presentare
- Portuguese: apresentar
- Russian: представля́ть
- Spanish: presentar