- Not valid; not true, correct, acceptable or appropriate.
- Your argument is invalid because it uses circular reasoning.
- This invalid contract cannot be legally enforced.
- French: invalide
- German: ungültig
- Italian: irrito, invalido
- Portuguese: inválido
- Russian: недействи́тельный
- Spanish: inválido
invalid (plural invalids)
- (dated, sometimes, offensive) Any person with a disability or illness.
- (dated, sometimes, offensive) A person who is confined to home or bed because of illness, disability or injury; one who is too sick or weak to care for themselves.
- (archaic) A disabled member of the armed forces; one unfit for active duty due to injury.
invalid (not comparable)
- Intended for use by an invalid.
invalid (invalids, present participle invaliding; past and past participle invalided)
- (British, transitive) To exempt from duty because of injury or ill health.
- He was invalided home after the car crash.
- (transitive) To make invalid or affect with disease.