invariable (not comparable)
- Not variable; unalterable; uniform; always having the same value.
- Physical laws which are invariable.
- 1907, Robert William Chambers, chapter IX, in The Younger Set, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 24962326 ↗:
- “A tight little craft,” was Austin’s invariable comment on the matron; and she looked it, always trim and trig and smooth of surface like a converted yacht cleared for action.
- (math) Constant.
- (by extension, grammar, of a word, or a grammatical class) That cannot undergo inflection, conjugation or declension.
- The French adjective marron (brown) is invariable: it does not take the usual s in the plural.
invariable (plural invariables)