- IPA: /ɪnˈveɪʒən/
- A military action consisting of armed forces of one geopolitical entity entering territory controlled by another such entity, generally with the objective of conquering territory or altering the established government.
- The entry without consent of an individual or group into an area where they are not wanted.
- an invasion of mobile phones
- an invasion of bees
- an invasion of foreign tourists
- (medicine) The spread of cancer cells, bacteries and such to the organism.
- (surgery) The breaching of the skin barrier.
- French: invasion
- German: Invasion, Überfall
- Italian: invasione, calata
- Portuguese: invasão
- Russian: вторже́ние
- Spanish: invasión