lambaste (lambastes, present participle lambasting; past and past participle lambasted)
- To scold, reprimand or criticize harshly.
- Synonyms: berate, scold, tell off, Thesaurus:criticize
- The sergeant lambasted the new recruits daily.
- Her first novel was well and truly lambasted by the critics.
- (dated in UK English but not US English) To give a thrashing to; to beat severely.
- Synonyms: beat, hit, thrash, Thesaurus:hit
- French: blamer, reprimander, gronder
- German: beschimpfen, zurechtweisen
- Russian: раскритикова́ть
- Spanish: reprender; vituperar
- French: tabbasser, rouer de coups, battre quelqu'un
- German: verdreschen, verprügeln
- Russian: поколоти́ть