- IPA: /ˈlæpɪŋ/
- present participle of lap#English|lap
- A kind of machine blanket or wrapping material used by calico printers.
- (musical instruments, lutherie, bowmaking) Lengths of fine wire, silver, gold, silk or whalebone wrapped tightly around the bow stick adjacent to the leather part of the bow grip at the heel of the bow.
- The process of forming a lap or fleece of fibrous material for the carding-machine.
- The rubbing or polishing of a metal surface.
- (firearms) The process of rubbing away the lands, or metal between the grooves of a rifled gun, to increase the bore.
- (of a bow) winding
- French: garniture