- (British, America) IPA: /ˈleɪ.tən.si/
- The state of being latent.
- (electronics) A delay, a period between the initiation of something and the occurrence.
- (medicine) The delay between a stimulus and the response it triggers in an organism.
- A stage in Sigmund Freud's psychoanalytic theory of the psychosexual development of children where children become asexual until their sexual desires come back at puberty.
- (state of being latent) hiddenness, invisibility
- lag (not physics- or electronic gaming-related)
- German: Latenz, Latenzzeit, Verborgenheit, Wartezeit, Verzögerung
- Italian: latenza
- Portuguese: latência
- Russian: заде́ржка