- (medicine, archaic, rare) A clear liquid believed to be a component of a humour or other bodily fluid esp. plasma and lymph
- The milky sap of several trees that coagulates on exposure to air; used to make rubber.
- An emulsion of rubber in water, used in adhesives and the like.
- (uncountable) Natural latex rubber, especially non-vulcanized rubber, such as is used in making latex gloves, latex condoms, and latex clothing.
- French: latex
- German: Latex, Milchsaft
- Italian: latice, lattice
- Portuguese: látex
- Russian: ла́текс
- Spanish: látex
- IPA: /ˈlɑːtɛx/, /ˈleɪtɛx/, /ˈleɪtɛk/, /ˈleɪtɛks/
- (computer languages) A digital typesetting system for mathematical and scientific formulae layout; based on TeX.