- The foam made by rapidly stirring soap and water.
- Foam from profuse sweating, as of a horse.
- A state of agitation.
- French: mousse de savon
- German: Seifenschaum, Schaum
- Italian: schiuma di sapone
- Portuguese: espuma
- Russian: мы́льная пе́на
- Spanish: espuma de jabón
lather (lathers, present participle lathering; past and past participle lathered)
- (transitive) To cover with lather.
- (transitive) To beat or whip.
- (intransitive) To form lather or froth, as a horse does when profusely sweating.
- French: savonner
- German: einschäumen
- Italian: insaponare
- Portuguese: ensaboar
- Russian: мы́лить
- Spanish: enjabonar
- German: aufschäumen, aufschlagen
- German: schäumen