- present participle of lead#English|lead
leading (not comparable)
- Providing guidance or direction.
- Avoid leading questions if you really want the truth.
- rank#Verb|Ranking first.
- He is a leading supplier of plumbing supplies in the county.
- Occurring in advance; preceding.
- Antonyms: following, lagging, trailing
- The stock market can be a leading economic indicator.
leading (plural leadings)
- An act by which one is lead#Verb|led or guide#Verb|guided.
- 1892, Walt Whitman, “A Song for Occupations”, in Leaves of Grass […], Philadelphia, Pa.: David McKay, publisher, […], OCLC 1514723 ↗, stanza 5, page 175 ↗:
- I do not affirm that what you see beyond is futile, I do not advise you to stop, / I do not say leadings you thought great are not great, / But I say that none lead to greater than these lead to.
- German: Zeilenabstand
- Portuguese: entrelinha, espaçamento entre linhas
- Russian: интерлиньяж