- Using one's left hand#Noun|hand in preference to, or more skillfully than, one's right.
- Intended to be wear#Verb|worn on, or use#Verb|used by, the left hand.
- turn#Verb|Turning or spiral#Verb|spiraling from right to left; anticlockwise.
- Awkward or maladroit.
- Insincere or malicious.
- The commendations of this people are not always left-handed and detractive.
- Of magic, performed with the intention of doing harm, or for personal gain; evil or malevolent.
- Of a coordinate system: not following the right-hand rule.
- Left-handed people, taken as a whole.
- French: gaucher
- German: linkshändig
- Italian: mancino
- Portuguese: canhoto, sestro
- Russian: левору́кий
- Spanish: zurdo, zoco, zocato