leftover (not comparable)
- Remaining; left behind; extra; in reserve.
- Do you want some of the leftover supplies from the event?
- I have some leftover spaghetti in the fridge, so I don't plan to cook tonight.
- French: restant, restante
- German: übrig, übergeblieben
- Portuguese: reservada, conservada, restante, deixada, deixado
- Russian: оста́вшийся
leftover (plural leftovers)
- Something left behind; an excess or remainder.
- It's a leftover from yesterday, but it's still perfectly good.
- (chiefly, in the plural, usually, of food) Remaining after a meal is complete or eaten for a later meal or snack.
- Not leftovers again!
- The entire wheel of cheese is a leftover from the party.
- French: reste
- German: Rest
- Italian: avanzo, rimanenza, residuo
- Portuguese: sobra
- Russian: оста́ток
- Spanish: sobra, resto, remanente, vestigio