- IPA: /lɛnz/
- An object, usually made of glass, that focuses or defocuses the light that passes through it.
- A device which focuses or defocuses electron beams.
- (geometry) A convex shape bounded by two circular arcs, joined at their endpoints, the corresponding concave shape being a lune.
- (biology) A genus of the legume family; its bean.
- (anatomy) The transparent crystalline structure in the eye.
- (earth science) A body of rock, ice, or water shaped like a convex lens.
- (programming) A construct used in statically-typed functional programming languages to access nested data structures.
- (by extension, figuratively) A way of looking, literally or figuratively, at something.
- (obsolete) plural form of lens
- French: lentille
- Russian: ли́нза
lens (lenses, present participle lensing; past and past participle lensed)
- (transitive, cinematography) To film, shoot.
- (geology) To become thinner towards the edges.
- French: filmer