- (British, America) IPA: /ˈlɛ.vɪ.ti/
- Lightness of manner or speech, frivolity; lack of appropriate seriousness; inclination to make a joke of serious matters.
- (obsolete) Lack of steadiness.
- The state or quality of being light, buoyancy.
- Most of the confidences were unsought - frequently I had feigned sleep, preoccupation or a hostile levity […]
- […] it would really seem as if there was something nomadic in our natures, a principle of levity and restlessness […]
- 1869, Mary Somerville, On Molecular and Microscopic Science 1.1.12:
- Hydrogen […] rises in the air on account of its levity.
- (countable) A lighthearted or frivolous act.
- French: légèreté
- Russian: лёгкость