- IPA: /ˈlaɪtli/
lightly (comparative lightlier, superlative lightliest)
- In a light manner.
- As a teacher, I don't take rudeness in class lightly.
- 1907, Robert William Chambers, chapter VIII, in The Younger Set, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 24962326 ↗:
- Elbows almost touching they leaned at ease, idly reading the almost obliterated lines engraved there. ¶ "I never understood it," she observed, lightly scornful. "What occult meaning has a sun-dial for the spooney? I'm sure I don't want to read riddles in a strange gentleman's optics."
- French: légèrement
- German: leicht
- Italian: alla leggera, superficialmente, in maniera superficiale
- Portuguese: levemente, levianamente
- Russian: легко́
- Spanish: ligeramente