- IPA: /ˈlaɪk.waɪz/
likewise (not comparable)
- (manner) In a similar manner.
- Public transportation is virtually inaccessible in this country; likewise, its hospitals are also not very user-friendly.
- (conjunctive) also; moreover; too.
- Margaret enjoys playing tennis on Saturdays, Jeremy likewise.
- about 1900, O. Henry, Hygeia at the Solito
- "But it looks like the kid ain't got no appetite to git well, for they misses him from the tent in the night and finds him rootin' in the grass, and likewise a drizzle fallin'. 'G'wan,' he says, 'lemme go and die like I wanter. He said I was a liar and a fake and I was playin' sick. Lemme alone.'
- The same to you; used as a response.
- It was very nice meeting you, Samantha. ― Likewise, Mr Thompson.
- (in a similar manner) similarly
- French: de même, pareillement
- German: ebenfalls, gleichfalls, ebenso, ähnlich
- Italian: ugualmente, similarmente
- Portuguese: similarmente, igualmente
- Russian: та́к же
- Spanish: similarmente
- French: pareillement, de même, idem
- German: ebenfalls, ebenso, gleichfalls, auch so
- Italian: altrettanto, idem
- Portuguese: igualmente
- Russian: взаи́мно
- Spanish: igualmente