- IPA: /ˈlɪmɪtɪd/
- Simple past tense and past participle of limit
- With certain (often specified) limits placed upon it.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page vii:
- Secondly, I continue to base my concepts on intensive study of a limited suite of collections, rather than superficial study of every packet that comes to hand.
- Of numbers, amounts, data: poor, small, felt to be insufficient.
- I have a limited understanding of quantum physics.
- French: limité
- German: begrenzt, beschränkt
- Italian: limitato
- Portuguese: limitado
- Russian: ограни́ченный
- Spanish: limitado
limited (plural limiteds)