- (British, America) IPA: /laɪn.ˈʌp/
- (engineering) to put in alignment; to put in correct adjustment for smooth running
- (transitive) To put things in a line
- (intransitive) To get into a line
- (intransitive, sports) To start a game in a certain position on the playing field.
- To make arrangements for an event.
- A number of famous actors and musicians have been lined up for the celebrations.
- To support a group or movement.
- To agree or correspond.
- Spanish: alinear, enfilar
- French: faire la queue
- Italian: mettersi in posa
- Portuguese: alinhar-se
- Russian: выстра́ивать
- Spanish: hacer una cola