locale (plural locales)
- The place where something happens.
- Being near running water and good shade, the explorers decided it was a good locale for setting up camp.
- (computing) The set of settings related to the language and region in which a computer program executes. Examples are language, currency and time formats, character encoding etc.
- (mathematics) A partially ordered set with the following additional axiomatic properties: any finite subset of it has a meet, any arbitrary subset of it has a join, and distributivity, which states that a binary meet distributes with respect to an arbitrary join. (Note: locales are just like frames except that the category of locales is opposite to the category of frames.)
- French: paramètres régionaux, localisation
- German: Locale
- Spanish: configuración regional