locus (plural loci)
- A place or locality, especially a centre of activity or the scene of a crime.
- The cafeteria was the locus of activity.
- (mathematics) The set of all points whose coordinates satisfy a given equation or condition.
- A circle is the locus of points from which the distance to the center is a given value, the radius.
- (genetics) A fixed position on a chromosome that may be occupied by one or more genes.
- (mostly, in the plural) A passage in writing, especially in a collection of ancient sacred writings arranged according to a theme.
- French: locus
- Spanish: locus