- IPA: /ˈmæɡnɪtjuːd/
- (uncountable, countable) The absolute or relative size, extent or importance of something.
- (countable) An order of magnitude.
- (mathematics) A number, assigned to something, such that it may be compared to others numerically
- (mathematics) Of a vector, the norm, most commonly, the two-norm.
- (astronomy) A logarithmic scale of brightness defined so that a difference of 5 magnitudes is a factor of 100.
- (seismology) A measure of the energy released by an earthquake (e.g. on the Richter scale).
- French: ampleur
- Italian: vastità, magnitudine
- Portuguese: grandeza, magnitude
- Russian: величина́
- Spanish: magnitud