- IPA: /ˈmeɪnt(ə)nəns/, /ˈmeɪntɪnəns/
- Actions performed to keep some machine or system functioning or in service.
- (legal) A tort committed when a third party who does not have a bona fide interest in a lawsuit provides help or acquires an interest to a litigant's lawsuit.
- (legal, UK) Alimony, a periodical payment or a lump sum made or ordered to be made to a spouse after a divorce.
- (legal) Child support.
- Money required or spent to provide for the needs of a person or a family.
- (biology) The natural process which keeps an organism alive.
- French: entretien, maintenance
- German: Instandhaltung, Wartung
- Italian: manutenzione
- Portuguese: manutenção
- Russian: обслу́живание
- Spanish: mantenimiento