meadow (plural meadows)
- A field or pasture; a piece of land covered or cultivated with grass, usually intended to be mown for hay.
- 1879, R[ichard] J[efferies], chapter 1, in The Amateur Poacher, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., […], OCLC 752825175 ↗:
- But then I had the [massive] flintlock by me for protection. ¶ […] The linen-press and a chest on the top of it formed, however, a very good gun-carriage; and, thus mounted, aim could be taken out of the window at the old mare feeding in the meadow below by the brook, […].
- Low land covered with coarse grass or rank herbage near rivers and in marshy places by the sea.
- the salt meadows near Newark Bay
- A town in Texas.
- A town in Utah.