- IPA: /məˈkænɪkli/
- In a mechanical manner.
- 1749, [John Cleland], “(Please specify the letter or volume)”, in Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: Printed [by Thomas Parker] for G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352 ↗:
- My fears, however, made me mechanically close my thighs; but the very touch of his hand insinuated between them, disclosed them and opened a way for the main attack.
- French: machinalement
- German: mechanisch
- Italian: meccanicamente, macchinalmente
- Portuguese: mecanicamente
- Russian: механически
- Spanish: mecánicamente, maquinalmente