- IPA: /ˈmɛkənɪzm/
- (within a machine or machinery) Any mechanical means for the conversion or control of motion, or the transmission or control of power.
- Any combination of cams, gears, links, belts, chains and logical mechanical elements.
- A group of entities, such as objects, that interact together.
- political machine
- A mental, physical
or chemical process.
- Any process of, or system designed to manage useful energy conversion.
- (philosophy) The theory that all natural phenomena can be explained by physical causes.
- French: mécanisme
- German: Mechanismus
- Italian: meccanismo
- Portuguese: mecanismo
- Russian: механи́зм
- Spanish: mecanismo