- IPA: /ˈmɛdɪkl̩/
- Of or pertaining to the practice of medicine.
- medical doctor; medical student
- Do you have any medical experience?
- Intended to have a therapeutic effect; medicinal.
- medical marijuana; medical cannabis; medical treatment
- Requiring medical treatment.
- A costly medical condition can bankrupt you if it doesn't kill you first.
- Pertaining to the state of one's health.
- (UK) Pertaining to or requiring treatment by other than surgical means.
- medical ward
- French: médical
- German: medizinisch
- Italian: medico
- Portuguese: médico
- Russian: медици́нский
- Spanish: médico, médica
medical (plural medicals)
- (informal) A medical examination.
- You'll have to get a medical before you apply for that job.
- 2014, Jamie Jackson, "Ángel di María says Manchester United were the ‘only club’ after Real ↗", The Guardian, 26 August 2014:
- After completing a medical and the requisite paperwork on Tuesday to seal the deal, Di María said: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Spain and there were a lot of clubs interested in me, but United is the only club that I would have left Real Madrid for.