- (America) IPA: /miˈaʊ̯/, /mjaʊ̯/
- The cry of a cat.
- Said in reply to a spiteful or catty comment.
- Said to denote seductiveness, mimicking a growl.
meow (plural meows)Translations
- French: miaou, miaulement, nyaw
- German: Miau, Gemiaue, Gemaunze, Miauen
- Italian: miao
- Portuguese: miado
- Russian: мяу́кание
- Spanish: maullido
- Russian: мефедрон
meow (meows, present participle meowing; past and past participle meowed)
- (intransitive) Of a cat, to make its cry.
- French: miauler
- German: miauen, maunzen, mauzen
- Italian: miagolare
- Portuguese: miar
- Russian: мяу́кать
- Spanish: maullar, hacer miau