- Simple past tense and past participle of meet
- (obsolete) Simple past tense and past participle of mete to measure
met (past met)
- (obsolete) To dream.
- All night me met eke that I was at Kirke.
- (British) IPA: /ˈmɛt/
- (London) The London Underground Metropolitan Line
- (London, historical) The Metropolitan Railway
- (London, law enforcement, usually with "the") The Metropolitan Police Service of London (MPS)
- (US, with "the") The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
- (New York, arts, with "the") The current or historical Metropolitan Opera House or its opera company.
- (3) Metropol
- (1, 2) Metropolitan
met (plural mets)
- (London, informal) A Metropolitan Line train
- (baseball) A player for the New York Mets
- Metabolic Equivalent of Task, or simply metabolic equivalent, a measure of the intensity of aerobic exercise
- Methylethyltryptamine, a hallucinogenic tryptamine.
- Methionine, an essential nonpolar amino acid.
- The gene symbol for C-Met, a proto-oncogene in human biology.
- Mesenchymal-epithelial transition, the reverse of epithelial-mesenchymal transition.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy, used in treatment of drug abuse and mental illness to help people in denial accept treatment.
- Muscle Energy Technique, a neuromuscular protocol used in osteopathy, physical therapy, and massage therapy.
- Mission Elapsed Time.
- Modular Equipment Transporter, a two-wheeled handcart used on the Apollo 14 manned mission to the Moon.