middle name (plural middle names)
- a name between the given name and the family name or surname
- I go by David but it's my middle name; my full name is William David Mason.
- (figuratively) a trait, activity, or action closely associated with or aptly describing a person
- Think twice about playing for cash because "Poker" is her middle name.
- I won't tell anyone. "Discretion" is my middle name.
- (Philippines) one's mother's maiden name
- French: deuxième prénom, patronyme (patronymic)
- German: zweiter Vorname, Zwischenname, Zweitname, Mittelname
- Portuguese: nome do meio
- Russian: второй
- Spanish: segundo nombre