minimum (plural minimums or minima)
- The lowest limit.
- We prefer candidates with a minimum of 4 years experience in the field.
- We need a minimum of three staff members on duty at all time.
- The smallest amount.
- He always tries to get away with doing the minimum.
- Please keep noise to a minimum after 11 o'clock
- (astronomy) A period of minimum brightness or energy intensity (of a star).
- The Maunder minimum of the Sun reportedly corresponded to a period of great cold on Earth.
- (analysis) A lower bound of a set which is also an element of that set.
- (statistics) The smallest member of a batch or sample or the lower bound of a probability distribution.
- French: minimum
- German: Minimum, Mindestmaß
- Italian: minimo
- Portuguese: mínimo
- Russian: ми́нимум
- Spanish: mínimo
minimum (not comparable)
- To the lowest degree.