- IPA: /ˈmɪs.t͡ʃɪ.vəs/, /ˈmɪs.t͡ʃə.vəs/
- (nonstandard) IPAchar /mɪs.ˈt͡ʃiː.vi.əs/ (often along with the nonstandard spelling misch(i)evious)
- (dated) IPAchar /mɪs.ˈt͡ʃiː.vəs/
- Causing mischief; injurious.
- Troublesome, cheeky, badly behaved.
- Matthew had a twin brother called Edward, who was always mischievous and badly behaved.
- (causing mischief) harmful, hurtful, detrimental, noxious, pernicious, destructive; see also Thesaurus:harmful
- (badly-behaved) badly-behaved, naughty
- French: espiègle
- Italian: piantagrane, attaccabrighe, casinista
- Portuguese: bagunceiro, (Brazil) sapeca
- Spanish: pícaro, travieso
- French: coquin, espiègle, malicieux, malin, méchant
- German: unartig, ungehorsam, dreist, frech
- Italian: birichino, furbetto, malizioso
- Portuguese: levado, travesso
- Russian: озорно́й
- Spanish: travieso