mixed bag (plural mixed bags)
- Any bag containing a mixture of something.
- a mixed bag of nuts
- By extension, a group of entities with few characteristics in common; an assortment.
- The people I met at the support group were a mixed bag: some were grouchy pessimists, and others were cheery do-gooders.
- (idiomatic) something tending to have both good and bad results or characteristics; something having a mixture of advantages and disadvantages.
- Owning a car is a mixed bag. It is convenient, but also costly.
- French: mélange, assortiment
- Italian: fritto misto, assortimento, miscuglio, guazzabuglio, accozzaglia