- A period into which a year is divided, historically based on the phases of the moon.
- July is my favourite month.
- A period of 30 days, 31 days, or some alternation thereof.
- We went on holiday for two months.
- (obsolete, in the plural) A woman's period; menstrual discharge.
- 1624, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd edition, Oxford, Oxfordshire: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 54573970 ↗:, vol.I, New York, 2001, p.234:
- Sckenkius hath two other instances of two melancholy and mad women, so caused from the suppression of their months.