monument (plural monuments)
- A structure built for commemorative or symbolic reasons, or as a memorial; a commemoration.
- An important site owned by the community as a whole.
- An exceptional or proud achievement.
- An important burial vault or tomb.
- A legal document.
- A surveying reference point marked by a permanently fixed marker (a survey monument).
- A pile of stones left by a prospector to claim ownership of ore etc. found in a mine.
- French: monument, mémorial
- German: Denkmal, Monument
- Italian: monumento
- Portuguese: monumento
- Russian: па́мятник
- Spanish: monumento
monument (monuments, present participle monumenting; past and past participle monumented)