- Simple past tense and past participle of mope
- Melancholic, dejected.
- 1624, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd edition, Oxford, Oxfordshire: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 54573970 ↗:, I.iii.1.2:
- it so far troubles them, that they become quite moped many times, and so disheartened, dejected, they dare not come abroad […].
moped (plural mopeds)
- A lightweight, two-wheeled vehicle equipped with a small motor and pedals, designed to go no faster than some specified speed limit.
- He was drunk again and moped, whining at length about his moped.
- French: vélomoteur, cyclomoteur, mobylette, mob
- German: Moped, Mofa, Kleinkraftrad, Motorfahrrad, Mokick, Highriser, Motorvelo (Swiss), Töffli (Swiss)
- Italian: motorino, ciclomotore
- Portuguese: ciclomotor
- Russian: мопе́д
- Spanish: motoneta, motocicleta, ciclomotor