- The capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others.
- After the layoffs morale was at an all time low, they were so dispirited nothing was getting done.
- Morale is an important quality in soldiers. With good morale they'll charge into a hail of bullets; without it they won't even cross a street.
- 2012 November 2, Ken Belson, "," New York Times (retrieved 2 November 2012):
- Proponents of the race — notably Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Mary Wittenberg, director of the marathon — said the event would provide a needed morale boost, as well as an economic one.
- French: moral
- German: Moral
- Italian: morale
- Portuguese: ânimo, disposição, moral
- Russian: боево́й дух
- Spanish: entusiasmo, ánimo, disposición