mosquito (plural mosquitos)
- A small flying insect of the family Culicidae, the females of which bite humans and animals and suck blood, leaving an itching bump on the skin, and sometimes carrying diseases like malaria and yellow fever.
- French: moustique
- German: Stechmücke i commonest term; Schnake i south-western; Gelse i south-eastern; Moskito i chiefly tropcial species
- Italian: zanzara
- Portuguese: mosquito
- Russian: кома́р
- Spanish: mosquito, mosco (Mexico), plaga (Venezuela), zancudo (Central America)
mosquito (mosquitos, present participle mosquitoing; past and past participle mosquitoed)
- To fly close to the ground, seemingly without a course.
- A settlement in Newfoundland and Labrador
mosquito (plural mosquitoes or Mosquitos)
- Archaic form of Miskito#English|Miskito.