- IPA: /ˈmʌfɪn/
muffin (plural muffins)
- (British) A type of flattish bun, usually cut in two horizontally, toasted and spread with butter, etc, before being eaten.
- (US) A type of individual bread such as corn, bran, banana or zucchini bread often sliced and spread with butter, etc before being eaten.
- (especially US) (informally) A cupcake without frosting, but sometimes glazed.
- (computing) A mechanism used in the Java Network Launching Protocol analogous to the cookie mechanism and which permits a program running in a browser to perform operations on a client machine.
- (slang) Term of endearment.
- I love you, muffin!
- (sexual slang) A vulva.
- (baseball, slang) A less talented player; one who muffs, or drops the ball.
- (slang) A charming, attractive young man.
- (dated) A small plate, smaller than a twiffler.
- (flattish bun) English muffin (US)
- French: muffin
- German: Muffin
- Italian: muffin
- Portuguese: queque, bolo inglês, muffin
- Russian: кекс
- Spanish: muffin, magdalena