- IPA: /mʌltʃ/
- (agriculture, horticulture) Any material used to cover the top layer of soil to protect, insulate, or decorate it, or to discourage weeds or retain moisture.
- An organic mulch is a mulch made of natural substances such as leaves or grass clippings.
- (countable, agriculture) A material used as mulch, as a decorative redwood bark mulch.
mulch (mulches, present participle mulching; past and past participle mulched)
- (agriculture) To apply mulch.
- Mulch your vegetable garden to retain moisture and keep weeds down.
- (agriculture) To turn into mulch.
- I decided to mulch the grass clippings.
- French: pailler
- German: mulchen
- Italian: pacciamare
- Russian: мульчи́ровать
- Spanish: cubrir con capote, cubrir con manitllo, abonar