- IPA: /ˈnɪbəl/
nibble (plural nibbles)
- A small, quick bite taken with the front teeth.
- (in the plural, nibbles) Small snacks such as crisps/potato chips or nuts, often eaten to accompany drinks.
- Italian: stuzzichino
nibble (nibbles, present participle nibbling; past and past participle nibbled)
- (ambitransitive) To eat with small, quick bites.
- The rabbit nibbled the lettuce.
- The rabbit nibbled at the lettuce.
- (transitive) To bite lightly.
- He nibbled at my neck and made me shiver.
- (figurative) To consume gradually.
- To find fault; to cavil.
- (eat delicately) piddle
- French: grignoter
- German: knabbern
- Italian: rosicchiare, mordicchiare, rosicare
- Portuguese: mordiscar, comiscar
- Russian: грызть
- Spanish: mordisquear, picotear, comiscar
nibble (plural nibbles)Translations
- French: nibble, quartet, semioctet, tétrade
- German: Nibble
- Italian: unità di 4 bit, semibyte
- Portuguese: nibble
- Russian: ниббл