nonexistent (not comparable)
- Not existent; not real.
- Synonyms: inexistent, Thesaurus:inexistent
- "Hrunk" is a nonexistent word.
- His social skills are nonexistent: he chewed with his mouth open all through dinner.
- 1994, William Martin Hunt, Decennial Census: 1995 Test Census Presents Opportunities to Evaluate New Census-Taking Methods, US General Accounting Office, page 4 ↗,
- In the 1995 Test Census, the Bureau plans to test the use of Postal Service letter carriers to identify vacant and nonexistent units when it mails census questionnaires.
- 1996, Dale Jacquette, Meinongian Logic: The Semantics of Existence and Nonexistence, Walter de Gruyter, page 7 ↗,
- If there is anything of philosophical significance to be taken at face value in ordinary thought and language it is the reference and attribution of properties to existent and nonexistent objects.
- 2015, Jonathan Gold, Paving the Great Way: Vasubandhu's Unifying Buddhist Philosophy, Columbia University Press, 2016, Paperback, page 275 ↗,
- Conversely, to return to the point at hand, nonexistent entities can be known, even by a Buddha, without being, thereby, substantial.
- French: inexistant
- German: nichtexistierend, nicht vorhanden, nicht existent
- Italian: inesistente
- Portuguese: inexistente
- Russian: несуществу́ющий
- Spanish: inexistente