- (literary) And not (introducing a negative statement, without necessarily following one).
- c. 1603–1606, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedie of King Lear”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358 ↗, [Act I, scene i]:
- I love your majesty / According to my bond, nor more nor less.
- 1601, Ben Jonson, Poetaster or The Arraignment: […], London: Printed [by R. Bradock] for M[atthew] L[ownes] […], published 1602, OCLC 316392309 ↗, Act 2, scene 1:
- Nor you nor your house were so much as spoken of before I disbased myself.
- 1667, John Milton, “Book 4”, in Paradise Lost. A Poem Written in Ten Books, London: Printed [by Samuel Simmons], and are to be sold by Peter Parker […] [a]nd by Robert Boulter […] [a]nd Matthias Walker, […], OCLC 228722708 ↗; republished as Paradise Lost in Ten Books: The Text Exactly Reproduced from the First Edition of 1667: […], London: Basil Montagu Pickering […], 1873, OCLC 230729554 ↗:
- Nor walk by moon, / Or glittering starlight, without thee is sweet.
- 1825, Sir Walter Scott, The Talisman
- And, moreover, I had made my vow to preserve my rank unknown till the crusade should be accomplished; nor did I mention it […]
- 1797, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
- Water, water, every where, / Nor any drop to drink.
- Nor did I stop to think, but ran.
- A function word introducing each except the first term or series, indicating none of them is true.
- I am neither hungry nor thirsty nor tired.
- Used to introduce a further negative statement.
- The struggle didn't end, nor was it any less diminished.
- (UK, dialect) Than.
- He's no better nor you.
nor (plural nors)
- (logic, electronics) Alternative form of NOR
nor (plural nors)
- A binary operator composite of NOT OR; negation of OR function.
- 0 NOR 0 is 1; 1 NOR anything is 0.
- Acronym of nucleolus organiser region
NOR Truth Table Input Output A A || B 0 0 0 || 0 || 1 0 1 0 || 1 || 0 1 0 1 || 0 || 0 1 1 1 || 1 || 0
- French: NON-OU