- Prying, inquisitive or curious in other’s affairs; tending to snoop or meddle.
- They built tall fences, yet the nosy neighbors always seemed to know everything about them.
- Having a large or elongated nose.
- French: fouineur, fureteur, curieux
- German: neugierig, topfguckerisch
- Italian: ficcanaso
- Portuguese: intrometido, cusco, metediço
- Russian: любопы́тный
- Spanish: chismoso, metiche, metido, metijón, metomentodo, entremetido, cotilla
nosy (plural nosies)
- (UK, slang) A look at something to satisfy one's curiosity.
- I might wander down to the construction site for a nosy at what they're building.