nude (comparative nuder, superlative nudest)
- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Why do you act so prudish whenever you see nude people?
- Characterized by the nudity of people concerned or to whom the described noun is attributed.
- 2019 December 19, Elaine McCahill, “I said no to 'Game of Thrones' nude scene, says 'Charlie' actress Sinead Watters”, Irish Independent: Charlie's breakout star Sinead Watters has revealed that she said no to a nude role in Game of Thrones.
- (of clothing, makeup, etc) Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- 2016 June 2, "Company releases nude chest binder line for different skin tones", in the Washington Blade
- (legal, obsolete) Not valid; void.
- German: fleishfarben, hautfarben
- Russian: телесный
nude (plural nudes)
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- Michelangelo's David is a well-known standing male nude; Michelangelo also created several other nudes.
- Lexa sent me a nude last week.
- (with article, "the nude") The state of total nudity.
- she caught him in the nude
- A color that resembles or evokes bare flesh; a paint, dye, etc. of such color.
- Italian: nudità, costume adamitico, abito adamitico