- (RP) enPR: nyo͞oʹm(ə)rəl, IPA: /ˈnjuːməɹəl/, /ˈnjuːmɹəl/
- (America) enPR: no͞oʹm(ə)rəl, IPA: /ˈnuməɹəl/, /ˈnumɹəl/
numeral (plural numerals)
- A symbol that is not a word and represents a number, such as the Arabic numerals 1, 2, 3 and the Roman numerals I, V, X, L.
- (linguistics) A word representing a number.
- (card games) A card whose rank is a number (usually including the ace as 1).
- Jacks, queens, and kings are not numerals.
- (word representing a number) number
- French: chiffre
- German: Numerale (only referring to words), Zahlwort
- Italian: numero, cifra
- Portuguese: número, numeral
- Russian: числи́тельное
- Spanish: letra numeral
numeral (not comparable)Synonyms