- IPA: /nʌts/
- plural form of nut
- (vulgar, slang) Testicles.
- Ohhh, he just got kicked in the nuts!
- (poker) An unbeatable hand; the best poker hand available.
- If the board is 234QA, all of spades, the nuts is 56 of spades.
- If the board is 4444J, the nuts is any hand with an ace.
- (colloquial) Insane, mad.
- After living on the island alone for five years, he eventually went nuts.
- (colloquial, figuratively) Crazy, mad; unusually pleased or, alternatively, angered.
- I just go nuts over her fantastic desserts.
- The referee made a bad call against the home team and the crowd went nuts.
- (colloquial) Very fond of (on) someone.
- He's been nuts on her since the day they met.
- French: cinglé, dingue
- Italian: pazzo
- Spanish: loco, zumbado (colloquial), sonado, tocado, tocado del ala, majareta, chaveta, tarambana
- Indicates annoyance, anger, or disappointment.
- Nuts! They didn't even listen to what I had to say.
- Signifies rejection of a proposal or idea, as in forget it, no way, or nothing doing; often followed by to.
- They want me to pay $5 for a banana? Nuts to that!
- third-person singular form of nut
- (geography) Initialism of Nomenclature des unités territoriales statistiques Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics or Nomenclature of Units for Territorial Statistics - an EU classification system of geographical administrative areas for statistical purposes