obverse (not comparable)
- Turned or facing toward the observer.
- Synonyms: facing, presenting
- The obverse side of the gravestone has the inscription.
- Corresponding; complementary.
- Synonyms: analogous, like, parallel, reciprocal
- When you speak clearly, people understand you. If you don't mumble, the obverse effect is observed.
- (botany) Having the base, or end next to the attachment, narrower than the top.
- an obverse leaf
- Italian: dritto
- Russian: лицевой
- Spanish: anverso
- Italian: opposto
obverse (plural obverses)
- The heads side of a coin, or the side of a medal or badge that has the principal design.
- Antonyms: reverse
- The medal had a cross on the obverse and had a name inscribed on the reverse.
- (logic) A proposition obtained by obversion, e.g. All men are mortal => No man is immortal.
- French: face, avers
- German: Vorderseite, Bildseite, Kopf, Avers
- Italian: dritto, testa, lato principale, faccia anteriore
- Russian: аверс