- In an obvious or clearly apparent manner.
- She was in floods of tears and obviously very upset.
- (colloquial) Used as a filler word, or to introduce information even when not obvious.
- You weren't to know, but I've spoken to, obviously, Jim about this, and ...
- (in an obvious manner) apparently, clearly, evidently, manifestly, obvi; see also Thesaurus:obviously
- French: clairement, évidemment
- German: augenscheinlich (elevated), offenbar, offenkundig, offensichtlich, sichtlich
- Italian: ovviamente
- Portuguese: obviamente
- Russian: очеви́дно
- Spanish: obviamente