- IPA: /əˈkeɪʒənəl/
occasional (not comparable)
- Occurring or appearing irregularly from time to time, but not often.
- He was mostly solitary, but enjoyed the occasional visitor.
- He took an occasional glass of wine.
- Created for a specific occasion.
- Elgar's music was not created to be occasional music for high-school graduations.
- Intended for use as the occasion requires.
- What your living room needs are some occasional chairs.
- Acting in the indicated role from time to time.
- He is an occasional writer of letters to the editor.
- French: occasionnel
- German: gelegentlich, okkasionell
- Italian: occasionale
- Portuguese: ocasional
- Russian: случа́йный
- Spanish: ocasional, esporádico
occasional (plural occasionals)
- A person who does something only occasionally.